August 25, 2012

Off to Burning Man


Yeah!!!

See below for an exerpt from the "abstract/rationale"...

My thesis/research into the paths communities take, and how these path contain historical information, will be heavily engaged by studying the ephemerality of paths/movement Black Rock City.

As the cosmologists studies singularities, so I travel to Black Rock City.

The questions I will attempt to answer are:

1.) What is the shape of the general liturgical rite within the Temple of Diana to be erected this year? I have previously mapped the shape of Catholic liturgies in 5 churches in Rome and a map of the path of people in the Temple will form an important partner to this selection.

 ^ Map of Paths in Piazza della Rotonda

2.) What is the shape of individuals during the Festival? Using a GPS receiver,  I will map 4+ individuals in a series of day-long gps mappings, collecting over 200,000 gps data points over the duration of the festival. This information will form an addition to the similar Data I have collected on Rome and Toronto.






















 ^ Map of Paths in Trastevere, Rome. 

I will be back from Burning Man around first week of September and hope to have some exciting new maps/stories/etc.

-g


No comments:

Post a Comment